Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Football, New Callings, and the Great Outdoors

Our lives, sadly, have not been very exciting lately. School and work and church are pretty much all we do. So you can imagine our excitement to have a 3-day weekend to ourselves to do whatever we want!

First, we went to the first U of A football game of the season with the Dyckman's. Although the Cats won, the 45 minute delay of game due to lightning strikes in the area and THIS GUY were probably the highlights.

So it looks like he decided to paint his whole head and ran out of blue paint? Regardless, this guy was C-R-A-Z-Y. Thank goodness he was like 5 rows down from us. Here are some prettier pictures.




Then, on Sunday Dan and I were released from the Nursery and I was called as the Young Women's secretary and Dan had previously been called as the Stake Sunday School secretary. We're both secretaries! Fun, fun!

And Monday, Dan decided to take me on a hike because I always complain that I want to go hiking. Well, the little hike we did was tons of fun but considering that was only my second hike, EVER, I was a little worn out. We did get in a little game of pine cone baseball which was hilarious! I'm sure everyone on Mt. Lemmon heard me laughing at Dan trying to hit the pine cones I was throwing at him. Hehe.







All in all it was a great weekend and hopefully it won't be another month before I have fun stuff to post. I'll leave you with a few rock 'n roll pics!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

looks like you guys had a great weekend. BTW..love the cowboy hat pic with all the boys. Classic