Sunday, July 8, 2012

And the winner is... the wiener!

(This post is about hot dogs, don't freak out.)

So as I have mentioned a few times before, Durham is a ridiculously picky eater.  The kid eats the same 10 or so items all the time and refuses to try anything new.  He has never eaten any sort of meat ever... until a few days ago.

I try every single day to get him to try something new or hide new food in the things he will eat (which he usually finds and spits out).  So Saturday I decided to try to get him to eat a hot dog and he picked it up and started playing with it, which was a good sign to start because it's hard for him to even touch or show interest in any sort of new food.  He wouldn't bite it so I cut it into teeny tiny pieces and hid it in the mashed sweet potato he was eating.  He found it at first and said "Byoo!" (meaning blue) which is what he does when I try to hide blueberries in things so he spit it out.  I tried again and he ate it!  I told Dan about my victory and he said "That's good!  But that's sounds like a really gross combination."  haha!  Whatever, he ate it.  :)

I realize hot dogs are not the most nutritious thing to be feeding him, heck I don't even really like eating the mystery meat wieners myself, but I look at it as a huge victory in the debacle of feeding Durham.  I am hopeful that it leads to him trying more new things.  :)  Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Girl run with that!! Feed him hot dogs morning noon and night! hahaha Better than nothing :) Now maybe he'll try corn dogs....something else long and wiener like....hahaha weird