Thursday, April 30, 2009

She's Worse than a Kid!

My dog that is. We have made more trips to the vet this past month than in the past year. First she had a stomach issue, which is now somewhat under control. Then she had a hind right leg issue, which the doctor seemed to think was the dog equivalent of a torn ACL, fixable only with surgery. But just this past Saturday my dog managed to add another to the list: what appears to be a broken something in her hind left leg! So now what used to be her bad leg (the right one) is the one she is depending on to hobble around our house. Not to mention I have been having a super difficult time finding a vet that I like, so it's been a lot of money spent for care that I haven't been satisfied with. But here we go again, we're trying out a new vet tomorrow to get x-rays on her legs and I'm sure we'll find out that she'll need to have surgery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a less expensive alternative but I guess this is what my portion of our tax return will pay for. So ta ta for now to dreams of a landscaped backyard, dream vacation, or new wardrobe and hello to vet bills.

Lola with her pet lion

She's lucky she has a mom who loves her! Mind you this is not her first big health issue. My mom and I spent weeks getting up at the crack of dawn to stick her with giant needles to administer IV fluids to her when she was just a baby. Poor pup, she's worse than a kid!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dog is expensive! how are you??? i love your blog... i miss your face. i need to see you soon. :)

j&krosser said...

You have a cousin who is a vet but you have to drive to Mesa. He is a great vet and I know you would like him.--Jaden

Christie & Dan said...

I know!! I wish he was closer though. :-( It's not exactly easy to transport my dog all the way there, especially if she has to have surgery. I think the vet we took her to last will be good. He's very affordable and seems to really care about her which we didn't experience with other vets we've gone to. I would love to take her to Duane though...just can't figure out how to make it work.