Friday, February 13, 2009

Diamonds Are This Girl's Best Friend

Let me just start this out by saying I have the best husband in the world. :-)

So for the past few days I've been kind of a jerkface because we'll be at the sand dunes on Valentine's Day...definitely not the most romantic place to be...and I kept seeing all the Valentine's Day goodies at the stores and all over and was just being a brat. Well, about a month ago we got a Helzberg Diamonds catalog and it had this awesome black and white diamond heart necklace that I thought was really cool, so I showed Dan and told him that was his hint.

So yesterday Dan called a few minutes before I left work and said he got off a little early and was going to meet me at my work (we work like 5 min. away from each other). I walked out of the building and there was Dan, Helzberg Diamonds bag in hand and a big smile on his face. He got me the necklace! And on top of that, he wrote me a poem in Spanish that is absolutely amazing. I want to frame it and put it in our house. What a sweetheart! So, now we leave to the dunes tonight and it doesn't really matter if tomorrow is Valentine's Day because I already had mine! :-)

4 comments:

Trish Olsen said...

What a good Hubby!!!!! i will be lucky if we get out of Ajo for the day or even the night lol.

Atkinson's said...

Lucky girl. I love surprises but my hubby has trouble with that area.

Kristina said...

hahaha....I do what I can to keep you entertained Christie :)

The Hunts said...

Hi Christie! I told John you said hi and he says hi back. I have a really cute picture of you and your hubby from our reception that I have always though I should give to you. I just need to find it again!