Monday, November 2, 2009

Dune Season Has Begun

Halloween weekend commenced the beginning of dune season for the Curtis family. Dan and I loaded up our truck which I lovingly refer to as Shaq Diesel and probably gave an entertaining show to the neighbors as it was only the two of us loading a quad and dirt bike into the back of the truck. Dan is a pro at it but me, I had no clue what to do. But, we got it all in, threw the dog in with us for his first road trip, and headed out to the dunes.

Dan didn't want to waste any dune time by spraying the dirt off his dirt bike at home so at our first stop for diesel he made good use of the gas station squeegee and gave it a last-minute wash. :) What a little innovator!

This was the first dune trip that the boys (Tyler, Dan, Blake) were able to bring their new dirt bikes. Here they are anxiously awaiting the morning ride.


And here are the lovely girls of the weekend - Kristina, Me, Sherrida, Lillian.

Blake, Tyler, and Dan, my Arab husband...haha. These boys get along so well, it's amazing.


Jessie getting ready to take her little green car, Esmerelda (sp?) for a spin.

Dan was kind and patient enough to take me out for a little ride, just the two of us. I don't really know how to ride a quad in the dunes very well yet so he takes me out to the "little dunes" so I can get in some practice time.


Doesn't he look good?! People like to give him a hard time for being a "little guy" riding a big bike, but let me tell you, he can handle that thing like a pro! So talk all you want! haha.

You know, sometimes I put up a fight about going to the dunes and not being able to get anything done while I'm away, but this weekend was just what I needed. Things have been SUPER busy lately between work, callings, Dan's midterms, housework, etc. that it was a perfect get away from the everyday grind. And Moto behaved himself pretty well, too, minus the growling and snarling at anyone who made a noise in the morning. He's not a morning dog, I guess. :) Here's to happy duning!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

looking good out there on that quad. Looks like a great start to the season:)