Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rattlesnakes in our Yard?!?!

I was about to let Lola outside a few minutes ago and I got a feeling that I should look outside on the patio, just to make sure the light was on and everything was okay. Well, I saw something that at first I thought was a large stick on the mat right outside our sliding glass door...but it wasn't a stick. It was a rattlesnake!!! So I slammed the door shut, screamed then yelled, "DAN! THERE'S A SNAKE!" So he came running to my rescue and we looked at the dang thing through the glass. He wasn't very old; he only had two rattles. Long story short, the snake is gone and hopefully he has no siblings or even worse, a mama, hangin' around in our yard. I hate snakes...

1 comment:

Atkinson's said...

Good Job Dan! Ever since I was bit by a rattle snake last year I am such a sissy about any type of snake. I would have been paranoid for weeks if I had to witness that.